WHO WE ARE:
As a growing regional design studio, Lett Architects needs the best talent to meet the objectives of our core values. We are an established, B Corp certified studio and are aggressively pursuing bold goals in design and project approach.
With offices in Peterborough and Collingwood, Ontario, Lett has developed best-in-class expertise in serving the public sector (health, education, municipal, recreation, arts) and non-profit organizations (social services, culture, charities) with designs that are built upon deep stakeholder engagement. Ours is a culture that continually pushes for a deeper vision while respecting clients’ constraints. Above all else, we value relationships, knowing that the best works come from trusting collaborations.
OUR CORE VALUES:
People are at the centre of all that we do. We seek partnerships with those who share our principles. We build trust and respect through meaningful engagement amongst ourselves, our partners and the community.
Our culture shapes our work. We cultivate a collaborative, inclusive environment that fosters creativity and innovation. We embrace flexibility and encourage levity alongside discipline.
As stewards we take responsibility for the impact of our designs. We are committed to creating a state of well-being for individuals, community and the environment.
WHO YOU ARE:
We require a Bookkeeper Administrator with a growth mindset who will have a strong sense of accountability to our team and the Studio. This is a new role within the Studio as we have previously contracted out the bookkeeping requirements for the business. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing the bookkeeping requirements for a small to medium sized business and will have a role to play in setting up bookkeeping systems.
This is a full-time permanent postion on site at our Peterborough location. The hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Bank reconcilliations and deposits
- WSIB reporting
- Processing of all government taxes; federal and provincial
- Process and distribute year end T4 summaries
- Preparation of year-end financials and back-up to assist external accounting firm with annual company review process
- Preparation of monthly financial reports and KPIs
- Process reimbursable expenses and mileage
- Ordering office supplies
- Assist in the day to day operation of the Studio
Key Skills / Experience:
- Proven bookkeeping and administrative experience
- Expert knowledge of bookkeeping software such as QuickBooks
- Bookkeeping, Accounting or Business Administration Certificate or Diploma designation an asset
- Strong computer skills including MS Excel
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping principles
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to work independently
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to work for the highest-ranking B Corp certified architectural firm in Canada.
- A competitive salary with advancement and growth opportunities.
- Extended Health Benefits (Health, Life and Dental).
- Continuing education allowance of $1500.00 annually.
What you can expect during the hiring process:
- 2-3 initial pre-screen questions via email.
- 1st interview with the Administrative Principal
- All applicants will be notified of whether they will advance.
- 2nd interview with the Administrative Principal and at least one other of the Principals of Lett
- Decision and offer within 2 weeks of commencing the interview process
HOW TO APPLY
Lett prides itself on our fair and equitable hiring practices. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Administrative Principal Kristy Hook at email@example.com.
This job posting closes on October 10th, 2023.
Thank you for your interest in Lett.